Saturday, June 30, 2012

     I must be persona non grata with our club.  At the last club meeting I requested to have my positive account balance refunded, and that in the future I plan to pay as I go.  The Secretary said she preferred it that way.  I asked if I could stop by the following Monday and was told no as she and her husband were both busy.(Her husband is the club President.)  I told her that was alright how about Tuesday, she told me that she would put it in the mail.
     I waited 2&1/2 weeks then called and got her husband, when I talked with him he told me that he would check and get it sent out by the weekend.  Two weeks later I still had not recieved a check so I called again.  I got her husband again and he told me that he didn't know when it will get done as they were too busy to worry about it.  When I told him that if I didn't get my money pretty soon I would probably get upset as I could use the money!  He told me that when I was club secretary that they always had trouble getting their money from me.  I was flabergasted!  I had never delayed issueing a check to a member if an expense was incurred by a member of the club on behalf of the club!  After telling me this he hung up.
     I still have not received my check to date.  I'm a little at a loss how to proceed without making a bad situation worse.  Our younbird season will begin in about six weeks and I haven't heard a thing since March.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment